DUE to heavy rainfall over the last few days and the forecast of more rain, the Turffontein race meeting scheduled for Sunday January 8 has been abandoned.

The race meeting that was to have been held Scottsville on Saturday January 7 has been postponed until Monday January 9. However, if wet weather persists, this card might be moved to the Greyville Polytrack.

The meeting due for Flamingo Park on Monday January 9 has been abandoned. An additional Flamingo Park meeting will be scheduled for Monday January 16.